Hours are flexible. Looking for one or multiple individuals to fill a total of 25 hours.
Summary of Position:
The Nurse Practitioner supports Human Technologies’ mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by providing ancillary psychiatric services for patients at Mental Health Connections in Utica and Rome.
1. Conduct psychiatric evaluations formulating appropriate diagnosis and documentation.
2. Demonstrates knowledgeable and proficient medical/mental health nursing procedures including: medication management & monitoring, smoking cessation, and injectable administration when appropriate.
3. Conduct and document evaluation and management services.
4. Provide guidance to the clinical staff and assist in maintaining an effective clinical team by attending regular treatment team meetings.
5. Maintains appointed continuous caseload of actively engaged individuals.
6. Works to identify reduce and address poly-pharmacy issues. Proactively addresses all identified PSYCKES indicators and mandates.
7. Follow best-practice standards and policies for psychiatric care within the Behavioral Health Services Program.
8. Follow regulations for Health Commerce and ISTOP verifications.
9. Follow all Behavioral Health Services procedures for prescribing as directed by the Medical Director.
10. Work with Primary Therapist to collaboratively address treatment compliance.
11. Coordination of health and medication education, liaison between Psychiatrists, individual’s collateral’s and pharmacy.
12. Concurrently documents treatment episodes, contacts, and sessions within 48 hours in accordance with the Office of Mental Health Standard of Care, Part 599 Clinic Regulations and HTC Corporate Compliance Plan.
13. Responsible for ensuring all dictation errors are completed and timely.
14. Administers medications in a safe and correct manner and demonstrates essential knowledge of medication side effects, notifies physicians as they occur and initiates emergency procedures as needed.
15. Monitor Department of Health mandates.
16. Complete prior authorizations and coordinate medication issues/calls.
17. Responsible for all ensuring all credentials are valid and completes all required documents.
18. Responsible for ensuring all collaborating agreements are completed filed with correct contractor source and attends required supervision as identified by collaborating Psychiatrist.
19. Supervision of interns/ field placements as assigned.
20. Maintains all log and proper storage procedures for medications (sample and injections) in accordance with Behavioral Health Services protocols, Office of Mental Health and all Federal, State and local laws/regulations.
21. Work in conjunction with the Director of Behavioral Health Services, the Clinical Supervisor, CFO and the Clinic Billing Coordinator to address Services billing issues and to ensure that all procedures are billable in accordance to credentialing and documentation expectations of accuracy, completeness, and is responsive to feedback.
22. Function as Nurse Practitioner and maintain a productivity of at minimum of seventy percent (75%).
23. Maintain positive safety standards consistent with published safety regulations, directives and commonly accepted safety procedures.
24. Meets quality expectations of accuracy, completeness, and is responsive to feedback.
25. Meets timeliness expectations of completing work as scheduled, demonstrating self-paced performance and adjusting priorities as needed.
26. Professionally and ethically relates to clients and peers at all times.
27. Participates in weekly staff and clinical meetings.
28. Participates in training and meets agency and licensure expectations related to training.
29. Perform other duties as may be assigned by Director of Behavioral Health Services, Medical Director and/or Clinical Supervisor.
1. Licensed to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of New York with prescriptive privileges.
2. A minimum of two (2) years psychiatric experience as a Nurse Practitioner desired.
3. Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities