Summary of Position:
The Primary Therapist is responsible for supporting the mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities. The Primary Therapist functions as an interdisciplinary team member and perform assessments, diagnostic evaluations, individual counseling, crisis intervention, group counseling and other evidence-based therapies to assist and provide support to an assigned caseload of individuals with mental illness and their collaterals who are served by our outpatient clinics of Human Technologies Corporation. Primary Therapists facilitate the stabilization of acute and chronic psychiatric symptoms and optimize coping skills and independent functioning of the client.
1. Provide assessment and coordination of services that promote and maintain optimum mental and physical wellbeing. This includes: comprehensive, risk, Substance Use, Legal, mental status, military, educational and occupational assessments.
2. Obtains history and presenting information as delineated in program policy.
3. Utilizes evidenced based client-centered therapeutic interventions and rapport-building practices, including motivational interviewing techniques, to enhance consumer insight regarding diagnostic and usage patterns.
4. Concurrently documents treatment episodes, contacts, treatment plans and sessions in accordance with the Office of Mental Health Standard of Care, Part 599 Clinic Regulations and HTC Corporate Compliance Plan.
5. Collaboratively develops and updates an individualized treatment plan and updates with the individual that includes targeted discharge date and plan.
6. Updates referring sources and collaterals on individual’s progress, if/as approved by the individual in services.
7. Maintains appointed continuous caseload of actively engaged individuals.
8. Responds to crisis as needed.
9. Coordinates comprehensive discharge plan to ensure seamless community reintegration.
10. Development, implement and manage groups for therapy.
11. Function as Primary Therapist and maintain a productivity of at minimum of seventy percent (70%) based on hours scheduled.
12. Maintain positive safety standards consistent with published safety regulations, directives and commonly accepted safety procedures.
13. Meets quality expectations of accuracy, completeness, and is responsive to feedback.
14. Meets timeliness expectations of completing work as scheduled, demonstrating self-paced performance and adjusting priorities as needed.
15. Professionally and ethically relates to clients and peers at all times.
16. Participates in weekly staff and clinical meetings.
17. Participates in training and meets agency and licensure expectations related to training.
18. Supervision of interns / field placements as assigned.
19. Serve on committees within and outside of the organization as appropriate.
20. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Clinical Supervisor and/or Director of Behavioral Health Services.
1. A license or a permit from the New York State Education Department, qualified by credentials, training, and experience to provide direct services related to the treatment of mental illness and includes the following: Marriage and Family Therapist, Mental Health Counselor, Registered Professional Nurse and/ or Social Worker.
2. Familiarity with current NYS Office of Mental Health regulations and Standards of Care.
3. Ideal candidate will also have experience providing clinical services and knowledge of NYS Office of the Professions professional guidelines.
4. Strong clinical documentation skills required.
5. Proficiency with operating multiple computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel.
An EOE Employer